Government Affairs Internship
The ANCA Western Region Internship Program is a selective part-time leadership program, which introduces college students and recent college graduates to all aspects of the public affairs arena. The program provides an opportunity for student leaders and activists to gain an in-depth understanding of the American political system, Armenian-American issues and advocacy efforts on the local, state and federal levels.
Interns will gain experience in non-profit management, government affairs, community organizing and education, communication, media, research and writing, and planning and executing events. In addition to individual and joint projects, interns will participate in workshops featuring a variety of guest speakers including public officials, ANCA Western Region leadership, and specialists.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma
- Complete 18 hours per week during the Spring and Fall sessions, at least 25 hours in the Summer including some evenings and weekends
- Have a valid driver’s license (exceptions made in special circumstances)
- Minimum age requirement for internship program: 18 years
2023 Program Schedule
- Application Deadline: December 13, 2023
- Program Dates: January 11 – May 6, 2024
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
- Program Dates: June 15 – August 26, 2023
- Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
- Program Dates: September 15 – December 25, 2023
Government Affairs Internship Requirements & Responsibilities
- Strong research, investigative, writing, communications, interpersonal, and data analysis skills;
- Effective problem-solving skills;
- Detail-oriented, nuanced, and able to multitask with competing deadlines;
- Knowledge of or desire to learn more about the legislative policy process on all levels of government;
- Familiarity with Google Suite, GIS, Microsoft Office;
- Education: Coursework or major in political science, international relations, international or human rights law, political economy, and/or related fields.
For more information about the ANCA Western Region Internship Program, please e-mail email@example.com or call (818) 500-1918.