2015 ANCA-WR Sacramento Advocacy Day
The ANCA-WR hosts an annual Advocacy Day in Sacramento, CA where hundreds of Armenian-American activists from around California visit the State Capitol and advocate for issues of concern to the community. Equally important, they meet activists from every corner of the state, exchanging ideas and thoughts, thus strengthening the network of grassroots activism which forms the foundation of the ANCA-WR.
Join us and the California State Legislature in commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide at the State Capitol in Sacramento.
A great opportunity to become active in the community as well as in the California state wide political realm awaits all members of the Armenian community on April 19-20, 2015.
Register online now at www.ancawr.org/advocacyday
We will depart from the Los Angeles on Sunday, April 19 and arrive in Sacramento that night. After breakfast on April 20, we will go to the Capitol for Advocacy Day (see below).
We will depart from Sacramento in the late afternoon on Monday, April 20 and be back in the Los Angeles that night.
Advocacy Day will include:
– The Genocide Commemoration on the Assembly and Senate Floor in the California State Legislature
– A reception with state senators, assembly members, and activists from all over California
– Potential meetings with your state representatives
– Time to explore Old Sacramento
– Joining other activists for social justice
Email CAstate@ancawr.org or call 818.500.1918 for more information!